diamond bolo bracelet CONTEST
Please read these Official Rules before entering to win a diamond bolo bracelet (the “Contest”). By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Diamonds International is not responsible for any printing or typographical error in any material associated with the contest.
Must be 18 years of age or older and have reached the age of majority in your jurisdiction. Void in Quebec, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, and Vermont and where prohibited.
1. To Enter the Contest. The Contest begins May 1, 2018 at 12:00 a.m. (ET) and ends on August 31, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (ET) ("Contest Period"). Throughout this Contest, Diamonds International (“Sponsor”) invites people to enter for a chance to win a diamond bolo bracelet (described below).
All entry forms must be completed in full (“Entry”) and must be received by the end of the Contest Period.
There is a limit of a total of one (1) Entry per person, which must be submitted through the below entry method. Once submitted, all Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged nor will they be returned.
Please carefully read the Entry instructions below:
Entry Form: During the Contest Period, visit any participating Diamonds International store and request an Entry form. Complete the Entry form with your full name, phone number, email address, and a “Celebrate 30 years with Diamonds International Love” essay.
The essay should be submitted in English with a maximum of one hundred fifty (150) words and must be legible. Essays which exceed the maximum length or are illegible may not be considered. The essay must be original and will be judged based on the originality, creativity, and level of detail. The essay may not contain vulgar or offensive language. The essay may not use inappropriate profanity.
In the event any Entry is deemed inappropriate by Sponsor, that Entry will be deemed ineligible. Sponsor is not responsible for late or misdirected Entries.
2. Eligibility. The Contest is open to legal residents of the U.S. and Canada who are at least 18 years of age and have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction at the time of entry. Void in Quebec, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, and Vermont and where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. August 31, 2018 ("Entry Deadline") and must meet all eligibility requirements. Contest entrants must have the legal right and any and all permissions necessary to submit the Entry materials. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree they have all rights necessary to enter and participate in this Contest and grant to Sponsor the rights described in these Official Rules.
The following are not eligible to enter the Contest: (a) Diamonds International employees, (b) individuals engaged in the development, production, administration, execution, and distribution of materials for the Contest, and (c) immediate family members of any person in any of the preceding categories, or individual who reside in the same household as any person in any of the preceding categories.
3. Prize. Four (4) winners (each a “Winner”) will each receive the following prize (“Prize”): A Gift By DI- Diamond Bolo Bracelet in 14K white gold (2.64 ctw).
The approximate retail value of the necklace is US$ 6,999.00 (six thousand nine hundred ninety-nine US dollars). The approximate retail value is subject to change based on market conditions at the time of Prize fulfillment. Any difference between the approximate retail value and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded.
Over the course of the Contest Period, four (4) Prizes will be awarded to four (4) Winners.
Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except by the Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute any prize (or portion thereof), with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Each Winner is solely responsible for any and all expenses, and applicable federal, state and local taxes associated with claiming or using the Prize. All federal, state and local taxes, and other charges, if any, are the Winner’s sole responsibility.
You release Sponsor from any liability incurred in connection with participation in this Contest or acceptance or use of any Prize. All prizes are awarded “as is” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Acceptance or use of a Prize is at the Winners’ own risk.
4. Winner Selection. Sponsor will select the potential Winners in a judging of all eligible Entries received by Sponsor during the Contest Period. Entries will be judged by Diamonds International marketing employees Tom Tanner and Judah Grauberd, and the following criteria will be taken into consideration: appropriateness for contest theme, creativity, originality, and level of detail. The potential Winners will be notified by Facebook post on Diamonds International’s page and an email following the judging and each will be required to confirm his/her address for paperwork delivery.
If any potential Winner does not meet the eligibility requirements or does not confirm his/her address within five (5) days of initial contact, an alternate potential Winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, from a judging of all remaining eligible Entries. The Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Contest.
Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of the Winner must be made by March 31, 2013. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting Official Rules. For the name of the Winner and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Diamonds International, 100 Park Avenue, 19th Floor, Attn: DIAMOND BOLO BRACELET CONTEST, New York, NY 10017, USA.
5. Winner Notification. The Winners will be notified via email or phone call within thirty (30) days after the end of the Contest Period. The Winners will each be sent an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability Form. Each Winner must execute and return any required Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability Form within fourteen (14) days of receipt. Non-compliance within this time period or return of Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability Form as undeliverable may result in disqualification, and an alternate Winner may be selected, at Sponsor's sole discretion, from the remaining eligible entry forms.
6. Publicity. By entering the Contest, you represent that your essay and any other materials submitted as part of your Entry are original and will not constitute an invasion of privacy or defamation or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any third party or violate any laws, and that you own and/or have the right to convey any and all rights in such essay. By entering the Contest, you grant to Sponsor the right, except where prohibited by law, to edit, publish, promote, or otherwise use your essay as well use your name, likeness, picture, address (city and state), voice, biographical information and written or oral statements, for advertising and promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing Sponsor and its products and services, without compensation unless required by law. You shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of your name, picture, likeness, address (city and state), biographical information, or entry. The rights granted under this paragraph shall extend to all Entry materials related to the Contest, including entry forms submitted by non-Winners and Winner.
7. Release. By entering the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, licensees, successors, assigns, advertising/promotion agencies, prize suppliers and those acting with its permission or under its authority and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
8. Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by you, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by your participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded.
9. Termination. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole and absolute opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, and award the Prize from among the eligible Entries received prior to such action to the extent feasible. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision.
10. Disputes. Except where prohibited, you agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York or the appropriate New York state court in New York County, New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or your rights and obligations or those of Sponsor, in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction).
11. Sponsor. This Contest is sponsored by Diamonds International of Alaska Ltd., 422 S Franklin St., Juneau, AK, 99801, USA.